Set up a reminder!
Make plans to attend the 2019 Amarillo Teen Career & Job Fair
The Teen Career & Job Fair will provide you the opportunity to meet local professionals and discuss a variety of career options. These interactions will benefit the you as you begin to make plans that affect career related coursework in high school and beyond. Whether you're looking for internships, career information, summer, full, and part-time employment, this is the place to be.
The Amarillo Teen Career & Job Fair is open to everyone ages 15-24
- Location: Westgate Mall's Center Court, 7701 I-40, Amarillo, TX 79121
- Date: Friday, March 22nd, 2019
- Time: 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM
What is a Job Fair?
When planning for your future, this type of event is a great place for you to:
- Find full, part time, & seasonal jobs
- Explore numerous career opportunities
- Learn the educational steps needed to enter different occupations
- Find information on local internships
- Make personal contacts that can lead to a job
- Gather information from potential employers
- Find out what an employer values in its employees
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively
How to prepare for the event:
#1: DRESS APPROPRIATELY, SMILE, AND MAKE A POSITIVE IMPRESSION!
GREET AND TALK WITH EMPLOYERS:
- Determine which opportunities best fit your interests and background. Target those companies with opportunities about which you would like to learn more.
- Company booths will be staffed by recruiters who are familiar with hiring needs of the company.
- Offer a firm, confident handshake while making good eye contact with the recruiter.
- You may have only 1-3 minutes to speak with a recruiter, so be sure to practice your 60-second commercial and be ready to ask and answer questions appropriately.
- Recruiters do not conduct formal interviews during events; instead, they share information about their company and opportunities informally.
- Ask the recruiter if they will post positions and conduct interviews through Career & Life Planning
- Offer to leave a copy of your resume with the recruiter; make sure you get their business card.
- Know when to move on, taking your cue from the recruiter. Avoid monopolizing the employer’s time.
FOLLOW UP APPROPRIATELY:
- Email or hand-write a thank you letter to the recruiter if you are interested in pursuing an internship or full-time opportunity with their company.
- Use the recruiter’s business card to route your thank-you note appropriately.
Amarillo Carpenters Local 665
Amarillo Country Club
Amarillo Police Department
Amarillo Police Exploring Post 5507
Amarillo Sod Poodles
Arrow Child and Family Ministries
Bureau of Land Management
City of Amarillo Parks and Recreation
Independent Electrical Contractors of the Texas Panhandle
McLean Care Center
Texas Career Check
Texas Department of Criminal Justice
Texas Department of Transportation
TEXAS Outdoor Musical
Texas Reality Check
The Big Texan Steak Ranch
West Texas Electrical JATC