EPIC & Step Up 2 Success Career Expo (Employers)
When: September 16th, 2020 9am-2pmWhere: Amarillo Civic Center
What: Hands-on Career Exploration event for Region 16 High School Students with emphasis on rural districts. Employer representatives will bring hands-on displays, games, demonstrations, etc. to interact and get students excited about a variety of careers available across the Panhandle Region. This year EPIC is joining efforts with Los Barrios Step Up to Success to also provide break-out sessions to take a deeper dive into some of the high demand careers available in the area. Employer opportunities for break-out session speakers and career exploration booths.
Employer Cost: FREE
EPIC & Step Up 2 Success Career Expo will provide area youth the opportunity to meet local professionals and discuss a variety of career options. These interactions will benefit the students as they begin to make decisions that affect their career related coursework in high school.
- Educate the next generation – Our young people need your help. Many students are unaware of the good family-wage careers in your field. High school students need to see the relevance of their education, learn about promising career paths and better understand the skills they need to be successful in the workplace.
- Build your brand – As an EXPO partner, you create tremendous community goodwill and increase visibility.
- Grow your pipeline – Many employers face a high number of employee retirements in the coming years, representing a loss of skills and experience. This event is a chance to connect with your future workforce.
- Location: Amarillo Civic Center, 401 S Buchanan St, Amarillo, TX 79101
- Date: Wednesday, September 16th, 2020
- Time: 9:00 A.M. – 2:00 P.M.
- Booth Setup: Day of the event beginning at 8 A.M.
- Attendees: Area high School Juniors & Seniors
- Each employer typically sends 2 participants, but you are welcome to send more
- Estimated total number of students: 600
- Please register by 9/9/2019
- Career Information
- Job Shadowing
- 8 foot table & chairs
How to prepare for the event:
- Consider ways to engage students in discussions as they will be encouraged to ask questions. If you are able, bring products/displays that will demonstrate your operations.
- Prepare to explain your profession, including educational requirements, internships, career pathways, daily responsibilities, long term responsibilities, and any additional insight
What to bring (if available):
- Please bring a 15′ extension cord if electricity is needed
- Table cloth with organization’s name
- Display items that represent your organization
- Giveaways for the students*
- Items or equipment that demonstrate the work performed at your organization
- Any literature/handouts about your organization
If you have questions, please contact us at (806) 345-1341 or BusinessServices@wspanhandle.com
- 8:00am - 9:00am
- Employer Booth Setup
- Doors will open to employers beginning at 8:00am on the day of the event.