Step Up 2 Success Middle School Career Expo (Employers)
When: March 11th, 2020, 9am-2pm
Where: Central Church of Christ
What: A career exploration event for Region 16 middle school students to learn about career pathways. The event is designed to expose students to a variety of careers including engineering, criminal justice, healthcare, and skilled trades just to name a few. Opportunities for employers as break-out session speakers or career fair booth participants.
Employer Cost: FREE
Step Up 2 Success Career Expo (Middle School Edition) will provide area youth the opportunity to meet local professionals and discuss a variety of career options. These interactions will benefit the students as they begin to make decisions that affect their career related coursework in middle and high school.
- Educate the next generation – Our young people need your help. Many students are unaware of the good family-wage careers in your field. High school students need to see the relevance of their education, learn about promising career paths and better understand the skills they need to be successful in the workplace.
- Build your brand – As an EXPO partner, you create tremendous community goodwill and increase visibility.
- Grow your pipeline – Many employers face a high number of employee retirements in the coming years, representing a loss of skills and experience. This event is a chance to connect with your future workforce.
- Location: Central Church of Christ, 1401 S Madison St, Amarillo, TX 79101
- Date: Wednesday, March 11th, 2020
- Time: 9:00 A.M. – 2:00 P.M.
- Booth Setup: Day of the event beginning at 8 A.M.
- Attendees: Area Middle School Students
- Each employer typically sends 2 participants, but you are welcome to send more
- Estimated total number of students: 400
- Please register by 3/4/2020
- Career Information
- Job Shadowing
- 8 foot table & chairs
How to prepare for the event:
- Consider ways to engage students in discussions as they will be encouraged to ask questions. If you are able, bring products/displays that will demonstrate your operations.
- Prepare to explain your profession, including educational requirements, internships, career pathways, daily responsibilities, long term responsibilities, and any additional insight
What to bring (if available):
- Please bring a 15′ extension cord if electricity is needed
- Table cloth with organization’s name
- Display items that represent your organization
- Giveaways for the students*
- Items or equipment that demonstrate the work performed at your organization
- Any literature/handouts about your organization
If you have questions, please contact us at (806) 345-1341 or BusinessServices@wspanhandle.com
- 8:00am - 9:00am
- Employer Booth Setup
- Doors will open to employers beginning at 8:00am on the day of the event.