- Location: Amarillo College Downtown Campus, 1314 S Polk St, Amarillo, TX 79101
- Date: Thursday, November 8th, 2018
- Time: 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- VETERANS ONLY JOB FAIR 10am - 2pm
- GENERAL PUBLIC JOB FAIR 12pm - 2pm
- Booth Setup: Day of the event beginning at 9am
- Each employer typically sends 2 participants, but you are welcome to send more
- Please register by 11/1/2018
- 6 foot table & chairs
- Breakfast snacks & coffee
HOW TO PREPARE FOR THE EVENT:
- Prepare to explain your available job openings, including educational requirements, minimum skills and experience required, internships, career pathways, daily responsibilities, long-term responsibilities, and any additional insight
- Set up an eye-catching booth that will attract job seekers. Have an attention-grabbing display that will make people more likely to stop by and visit your booth. The more job seekers you attract, the greater your talent pool will be at the end of that day.
- Move from behind the table. You have to stand out in a crowd (literally). Push your table out-of-the-way and show your own enthusiasm for the work that you do. You can't expect talent to always come and find you — especially when you are competing with other similar organizations looking for the same skill sets.
- Don't just refer job seekers to your website. The No. 1 complaint from job fair participants is that they talk to the employer and then they're told to "go online and apply." Candidates want to know that they have an "in" or a special relationship because they came to the event. Otherwise, they feel they could have just stayed home and applied online.
WHAT TO BRING (IF AVAILABLE):
- Please bring a 15' extension cord if electricity is needed
- Table cloth with organization’s name
- Display items that represent your organization
- Items or equipment that demonstrate the work performed at your organization
- Any literature/handouts about your organization