Amarillo Teen Career & Job Fair (Employers)
When: March 27th, 2020, 5pm-8pm
Where: Westgate Mall, Food Court
What: Hiring Event for local employers to recruit talent. Event is focused on teens looking for after school or summer employment, but also apprenticeships, internships, and careers after graduation. Event will be open to the general public as well.
Employer Cost: FREE
The Teen Career & Job Fair will provide area youth the opportunity to meet local professionals and discuss a variety of career options. These interactions will benefit the students as they begin to make decisions that affect their career related coursework in high school.
- Educate the next generation – Our young people need your help. Many students are unaware of the good family-wage careers in your field. High school students need to see the relevance of their education, learn about promising career paths and better understand the skills they need to be successful in the workplace.
- Build your brand – As an EXPO partner, you create tremendous community goodwill and increase visibility.
- Grow your pipeline – Many employers face a high number of employee retirements in the coming years, representing a loss of skills and experience. This event is a chance to connect with your future workforce.
- Location: Westgate Mall’s Food Court, 7701 I-40, Amarillo, TX 79121
- Date: Friday, March 27th, 2020
- Time: 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- Booth Setup: Day of the event beginning at 4 PM
- Attendees: Anyone aged 15-24
- Each employer typically sends 2 participants, but you are welcome to send more
- Estimated total number of students: 300
- Please register by 3/20/2020
- Career Information
- 6 foot table & chairs
How to prepare for the event:
- Consider ways to engage students in discussions as they will be encouraged to ask questions. If you are able, bring products/displays that will demonstrate your operations.
- Prepare to explain your profession, including educational requirements, internships, career pathways, daily responsibilities, long term responsibilities, and any additional insight
What to bring (if available):
- Please bring a 15′ extension cord if electricity is needed
- Table cloth with organization’s name
- Display items that represent your organization
- Giveaways for the students*
- Items or equipment that demonstrate the work performed at your organization*
- Any literature/handouts about your organization
*Each employer will have a 8×8 ft. booth and 6 ft. table and chairs. Please consider space and the age of participants when selecting giveaways and other visual aid items.
If you have questions, please contact us at (806) 345-1341 or BusinessServices@wspanhandle.com
- 4:00pm - 5:00pm
- Employer Booth Setup
- Doors will open to employers beginning at 4:00pm on the day of the event.