2020 Fall Amarillo Job Fair (Employers)
When: October 13th, 2020, 10am-3pm
Where: Amarillo Civic Center, North Exhibit Hall
What: Large-scale hiring event bringing employers from across the Texas Panhandle together with job-seekers. A job fair is a form of public relations for a company. It’s a way to get your name out in a positive light, to encourage talented job seekers to consider you, and to have a conversation with real people, rather than resumes.
Employer Cost: $100 if paid on or before 9/30/20, $125 if paid on or after 10/1/20
Lunch Cost: $10 each
The next Amarillo Job Fair will be held on Tuesday, October 13, 2020 at the Amarillo Civic Center to provide large-scale recruitment opportunities to the business community of Amarillo and the surrounding areas.
- Gain access to a large number of candidates in a one-stop environment – In the few hours of a job fair, an employer can meet with dozens of candidates per representative. Recruiters and managers get the chance to have a face-to-face interaction with candidates that are interested in their organization. The job fair can be an initial screen of talent and numerous employers will decide to offer first round interviews based on those brief interactions at a job fair table.
- Increase brand awareness – A job fair is a form of public relations for a company. It’s a way to get your name out in a positive light, to encourage talented job seekers to consider you, and to have a conversation with real people, rather than resumes.
- Grow your pipeline – Many employers face a high number of employee retirements in the coming years, representing a loss of skills and experience. This event is a chance to connect with your future workforce.
- Location: Amarillo Civic Center’s North Exhibit Hall, located at 401 S Buchanan St, Amarillo, TX 79101.
- Date: Tuesday, October 13, 2020
- Time: 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Booth Setup: Day of the event beginning at 8:30 am
- Attendees: Over 1,500 job seekers attended the last job fair
- Each employer typically sends 2 participants, but you are welcome to send more
- $100/booth if paid on or before 3/31/2020, $125 if paid after 4/1/2020
- Lunches $10/ea
- NOTE: No Complimentary Lunches Are Available
- 8 foot table & chairs
- Breakfast snacks & coffee
HOW TO PREPARE FOR THE EVENT:
- Prepare to explain your available job openings, including educational requirements, minimum skills and experience required, internships, career pathways, daily responsibilities, long-term responsibilities, and any additional insight
- Set up an eye-catching booth that will attract job seekers. Have an attention-grabbing display that will make people more likely to stop by and visit your booth. The more job seekers you attract, the greater your talent pool will be at the end of that day.
- Move from behind the table. You have to stand out in a crowd (literally). Push your table out-of-the-way and show your own enthusiasm for the work that you do. You can’t expect talent to always come and find you — especially when you are competing with other similar organizations looking for the same skill sets.
- Don’t just refer job seekers to your website. The No. 1 complaint from job fair participants is that they talk to the employer and then they’re told to “go online and apply.” Candidates want to know that they have an “in” or a special relationship because they came to the event. Otherwise, they feel they could have just stayed home and applied online.
WHAT TO BRING (IF AVAILABLE):
- Please bring a 15′ extension cord if electricity is needed
- Table cloth with organization’s name
- Display items that represent your organization
- Items or equipment that demonstrate the work performed at your organization
- Any literature/handouts about your organization
If you have questions, please contact us at (806) 345-1341 or BusinessServices@wspanhandle.com
- 8:30am - 10:00am
- Employer Booth Setup
- Doors will open to employers beginning at 8:30am on the day of the event.