Hiring Red White & You Job Fair (Employers)
When: November 5th, 2020, 10am- 2pmWhere: Tri-State Fair Grounds, Commercial Exhibits Building
What: HRWY connects Texas veterans and their spouses with Texas employers that value the experience, discipline, and other exceptional qualities inherent in a military background. It is estimated that there are 1.7 million total veterans in Texas, of which 967,000 are working or actively seeking work. By holding HRWY job fairs across the state, Texas employers can more easily connect to this highly qualified group of servicemen and servicewomen across the state. Open to veterans and qualified spouses only from 10am-12pm, open to the general public 12pm-2pm, the event will be opened to the general public 12pm – 2pm.
Employer Cost: FREE
- Location: Tri-State Fairgrounds – Commercial Exhibit Hall, 3102 SE 10th avenue, Amarillo TX 79104
- Date: Thursday, November 5th, 2020
- Time: 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- VETERANS ONLY JOB FAIR 10am – 2pm
- GENERAL PUBLIC JOB FAIR 12pm – 2pm
- Booth Setup: Day of the event beginning at 9am
- Each employer typically sends 2 participants, but you are welcome to send more
- Please register by 10/30/2019
- 6 foot table & chairs
- Breakfast snacks & coffee
HOW TO PREPARE FOR THE EVENT:
- Prepare to explain your available job openings, including educational requirements, minimum skills and experience required, internships, career pathways, daily responsibilities, long-term responsibilities, and any additional insight
- Set up an eye-catching booth that will attract job seekers. Have an attention-grabbing display that will make people more likely to stop by and visit your booth. The more job seekers you attract, the greater your talent pool will be at the end of that day.
- Move from behind the table. You have to stand out in a crowd (literally). Push your table out-of-the-way and show your own enthusiasm for the work that you do. You can’t expect talent to always come and find you — especially when you are competing with other similar organizations looking for the same skill sets.
- Don’t just refer job seekers to your website. The No. 1 complaint from job fair participants is that they talk to the employer and then they’re told to “go online and apply.” Candidates want to know that they have an “in” or a special relationship because they came to the event. Otherwise, they feel they could have just stayed home and applied online.
WHAT TO BRING (IF AVAILABLE):
- Please bring a 15′ extension cord if electricity is needed
- Table cloth with organization’s name
- Display items that represent your organization
- Items or equipment that demonstrate the work performed at your organization
- Any literature/handouts about your organization
If you have questions, please contact us at (806) 345-1341 or BusinessServices@wspanhandle.com
Hiring Red, White & You PSA – Aaron Watson
Hiring Red, White & You! – Nate Boyer
- 9:00am - 10:00am
- Employer Booth Setup
- Doors will open to employers beginning at 9:00am on the day of the event.
- 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Veterans Only
- Open to veterans and qualified spouses only from 10am-12pm
- 12:00pm - 2:00pm
- General Public
- Opened to the general public 12pm – 2pm